Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Resurrecting BLOGnBOX

I've been thinking about resurrecting my gawk based blogging system BLOGnBOX.  I am getting tired of Blogger.

While BLOGnBOX doesn't have as many features, it lets me focus on what I want from a blog.  Although this has changed over time, I think what I currently want is:

  1. A way to publish my thoughts and ideas.
  2. An archive of my thoughts and ideas.
  3. A primary means of writing.
I am less concerned with the web aspects of a blogging system.  I'd like to have a clean, simple (yet elegantly presented) blog that I can tinker with as needed.

What led me down this path of thought is the desire to extract blog entries (or the whole blog) as a PDF document. By PDF, I really mean LaTeX or TeX quality (not just a dump).  AFT does this for me, but it might be overkill for a blogging system. Perhaps the next iteration of BLOGnBOX should  leverage LaTeX directly?

And, of course, the next iteration should be composed as a Literate Program!  (I'm leaning towards Noweb.)

No comments:

Post a Comment