Monday, April 28, 2008

New Knuth Fascicles..

With Donald Knuth being trashed fairly recently on reddit and various blogs (mostly due to a recent interview), I realized that I haven't perused his site in a while.

Oooh. More fasciles!

In particular, I'll be trying to digest some of this one tonight.

(I am a huge fan of his work. Literate Programming is my all time favorite technical book. I read it back in 1992 and it has completely screwed me up for life. I read it whenever I get burnt out and need some inspiration. It has always been my model for excellence for both it's content and style.)

2 comments:

  1. Try also Thinking Forth by Brodie.

    Available from Source Forge. Free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. Thinking Forth. I bought it when it first came out back in 1984(?). I still have my original copy (falling apart), on my workplace bookshelf. A great book.

    ReplyDelete